How To Get Glowing Skin for Brides
A lot of people ask me why they never can get their makeup to look as smooth or as flawless as what they see in the inspiration pictures. Outside of explaining Instagram filters and facetune, I also explain that a good skin care regimen is what’s needed for optimum results on your wedding day.
Here are five tips to keep your skin looking healthy leading up to your wedding day.
1. Wax or thread your eyebrows 4 to 5 days before your wedding day. This will ensure that your brows are looking extra fresh and the skin around your brows will be replenished to where the makeup will adhere to it. Make sure your brow stylist uses wax that is not too hot as to not cause scaring.
2. If you get a facial make sure it’s from a regimen that you have established with your esthetician at least 3 to 4 months prior; and allow the final facial in the regimen to be performed at least 2 weeks before the wedding day. This will make sure that any breakouts that happen due to the deep cleaning of the facial will be resolved by the wedding day so your skin will be flawless.
3. DRINK A TON OF WATER!!! (And try to stay away from caffeine) Nothing sucks more than superficial lines and wrinkles in your skin. Water is your skin’s best friend. It keeps your skin looking plump and hydrated and it also helps prevent breakouts.
4. REST! Sleep is also your skin’s best friend. It helps your skin rejuvenate and repair itself. Most importantly it keeps you looking young! Who doesn’t want that?!
5. Don’t use a tanning bed to get tan skin. Tanning beds are harsh! The Ultraviolet rays that you are exposed to only add to the problem of sun spots and age lines. Try a spray tan instead. Get a light one so you don’t look orange and try it out a month before the wedding so you know exactly what it will look like the day of.